When you arrive at camp:
- Please park and then come to the white ranch house with your daughter to check in.
- We will let your daughter know the names of her cabin and her counselors and collect
any paperwork and/or money that you haven’t sent ahead of time.
- If it’s her first time at camp, we'll review a few things to help her get settled and we
will help her know who to go to with questions or for help. This conversation may
need to include reminding her that speaking with you on the phone should not be part
of her plan.
- We will update her Health History, if needed, collect any medicines, and do a health
screening. If we discover that your daughter has head lice (or nits) she will not be
allowed to check-in at this time, so to be on the safe side, check your daughter before
coming to camp. Here is one link to a site that tells you how to check. There are also
many other sites on the internet and videos on you tube.
- During check-in you should also let us know if someone other than you will be picking
her up from camp.
- We will also ask you if there are any specific circumstances when you would like us to
- It's time to move in! You and your daughter will collect her luggage from your car and
go to the cabn area, where you will find your daughter’s cabin, meet her counselor and
other staff, find and set up her bed.
- You should plan to say good-bye sometime after you have gotten your daughter settled
in her cabin, have seen that she has met her counselor and a couple of her cabin mates,
and before she joins her cabinmates for the afternoon get-to-know-you activity.
- During the evening, after supper, all the campers will partcipate in a barn orientation
and riding evaluations.