Employment & Internships
Summer Camp Staff Information
Counselors are 18 and older Junior Counselors are 16 and 17*
Do you enjoy the outdoors? Do you like working with children?
Are you interested in learning new things?
Do you want valuable experience in teaching, leadership, and working with a team?
Are you interested in gaining communication and people skills that will help you in any career?
Then SJ is the place for you!
*Limited Positions Available
Lifeguard and General Counselor
CUSTOMIZED INTERNSHIPS IN MULTIPLE DISCIPLINES – CALL TODAY!
We hire up to 20 staff every summer, Our camp is unusual in that we have up to 54 girls per week so staff have both cabin counseling and program responsibilities. As a cabin counselor, staff are role models, best friends, entertainers, inspirations, big sisters, and “parents” to their cabin group.
Program responsibilities include teaching and managing in a specific program area such as arts & crafts, sports, or riding. we look for staff who love working with children and are creative, fun, and patient. We also look for staff with excellent teaching skills, and strong skills in at least one program area.
Because of our small size, we can create a position specifically designed for individuals with a variety of interests or talents. For instance, someone might work in the arts & crafts program for a short time each day, then take a group on a nature hike, teach sign language, or juggling, and then help with gardening, cleaning, or office work. This allows staff the opportunity to try new things, develop skills in a variety of of areas, and to enjoy working with a diverse group of campers and other staff. Never a dull moment at SJ!
You Should Know…
- Dates of employment include six days of pre-camp training
- Some pre-season online training required. Dates for the 2022 season are June 19 to August 30 (Riding staff – 6/12 – 8/30)
- Some partial summer opportunities available
- All positions are live-in Staff cabins house 2-6 staff and CIT’s.
- You will have one 24 hour day and one night off a week, plus time off each day to relax.
- Once we receive your completed application, we will contact you to discuss salary, answer any questions you may have, and to arrange an in person skype interview.
Please apply by sending a resume: Register here: online .You can also send a resume to: Lisa Zawacki @ firstname.lastname@example.org (application is listed under ‘Health tab’). Please email Lisa with any questions.
email@example.com * 860-872-4742 * 130 Sandy Beach road, Ellington CT 06029